My mate Jim Kunstler’s at it again. In a typically forthright article for Envirohealth, he describes, for all those who obviously haven’t been listening, the implications of a post-oil economy, and tells us what we can do about it.
All we have to do is:
- Start thinking beyond the car
- Produce food differently
- Inhabit the terrain differently
- Move things and people differently
- Transform retail trade
- Relocalise industry
- Say goodbye to canned entertainment and make our own again
- Reorganise the education system
- Reorganise the medical system
- Downsize virtually all everyday activities
Sounds easy doesn’t it?